Thursday, February 11, 2010

HULL SET TO APPEAL BOATENG RED


Hull City manager Phil Brown is considering appealing the red card shown to George Boateng during Wednesday's 1-0 defeat at Blackburn Rovers. 

The veteran midfielder was shown a straight red card by referee Lee Probert following a 40th minute aerial challenge with Morten Gamst Pedersen at Ewood Park. 

Afterwards Rovers boss Sam Allardyce conceded the red card had been harsh on the Tigers and Brown was similarly bemused by Probert's decision. 

He explained: "To say it is a nonsense is an understatement. The problem I have with it is he had two to three minutes to make the decision while George was knocked out. 

"But the players told me he already had the red card out of his pocket within seconds of the incident. 

"It is clearly a clash of heads and a brave challenge by both players. If I am going to jump I am going to bring my arms up. 

"If you look at George Boateng's history, he's had 14 years in the Premier League and two red cards. 

"It is a good career record for me for a combative midfielder whose involved in tussles and tackles."

0 comments:

Post a Comment