SEATTLE -- Jake Peavy sounded Tuesday as if his firstWhite Sox appearance Saturday night will have the excitement of a start on Opening Day.

Peavy has been cleared to make his Sox debut against Kansas City, which will end a break of more than three months because of ankle and right elbow injuries.

"I expect to win Saturday, and we'll have a few more starts and put to bed, hopefully, all this injury stuff. I'll show up and be ready to go at spring training," Peavy said. "Stranger things have happened, and if we get to the postseason, I'll be fine and ready for that as well."

Peavy understandably was relieved he will be pitching in a Sox uniform for the first time since his July 31 trade from San Diego.

"I can tell you I did everything I possibly could do and [ Don Cooper] as a pitching coach and these trainers absolutely worked their tails off to get me as healthy as I could be," Peavy said. "I don't expect to be 100 percent. I'm not 100 percent. I would be lying if I told you I was."

Peavy's second start is scheduled for Sept. 25 againstAmerican League Central leader Detroit.

2010 schedule released: The Sox will play the Pirates for the fifth consecutive season, according to the tentative 2010 schedule released Tuesday.

The Sox will travel to Pittsburgh June 15-17 and Washington June 18-20 for interleague games, with the Sox playing host to Florida May 21-23 and Atlanta June 22-24.

The Sox will travel to Wrigley Field to play the Cubs June 11-13, with a rematch series June 25-27 at U.S. Cellular.

The Sox open the season at home April 5 against Cleveland.

Minor note: Double-A Birmingham general manager Jonathan Nelson was named the Southern League executive of the year. Birmingham set a franchise record with 92 victories and advanced to the playoffs for the eighth time in 10 seasons.